5 food items that combat inflammation
The ideal approach to control inflammation is not through medicines but through a proper diet. The immune system battles anything inside the body that it perceives as remote. For example, an attacking microorganism, plant dust, or substance. The reaction leads to inflammation. Inflammation is the body’s safe reaction. It sends signals and warning so that the immune system can handle it. Lack of sleep, anxiety, hereditary qualities, wrong eating habits can lead to inflammation.
Causes of inflammation
There are several factors that can cause inflammation. This includes certain foods. In order to fight inflammation, they should be avoided. Artificial food items like animal products, refined flours, and sugars lead to inflammation. They increase weight, cause joint pain and exhaustion. They also kill the probiotic microbes in the stomach. They are also associated with a large group of diseases, ranging from coronary illness to diabetes. In order to combat inflammation, there are a number of food items that can be included in your diet.
Food items to combat inflammation
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in vitamin C, potassium and lycopene. Lycopene is a cancer prevention agent with amazing anti-inflammatory properties. It is very beneficial for reducing pro-inflammatory compounds related to several types of cancer.
- Olive oil: Olive oil can decrease inflammation. It has antioxidants which have several health benefits. The main anti-inflammatory effects are mediated by the antioxidants. Since oil is used in cooking most of the dishes, switch to olive oil. It is also beneficial for the overall health.
- Green vegetables: Green vegetables like spinach and collards fight inflammation. They have high concentrations of vitamins, minerals, iron, and calcium. They are a vital part of the balanced diet. They should be included in at least one of the three meals in a day. They have fibers that improve the digestive system and the immune system. A strong immune system can defend the body from infections due to external factors.
- Fruits: Fruits like strawberries, blueberries, and orange also help in combating inflammation. They are low in fat, calories and high in antioxidants. Fruits should be consumed on a daily basis. The vitamins obtained through fruits cannot be obtained from other sources.
- Fatty fish: Salmon, tuna, and sardines are rich in calcium, selenium, and vitamin D. The anti-inflammatory properties of omega-3 acids can help deal with arthritis and prevention of heart disease.
Therefore, to lessen inflammation in your body, choose a healthy diet. Find a proper eating arrangement that restricts your diet to anti-inflammatory food. The above mentioned food items should be part of your daily meals.